Verona: history and art
Guided visit to the city centre between history and legends along the stream of the river Adige
Our guides will take you for a ride in the city of Verona and along the winding stream of the river Adige, to discover and enjoy monuments, squares and buildings of all historical periods.
This circular itinerary starts and finishes in the worldwide known Piazza Brà, with the beautiful Arena, a Roman amphitheatre dedicated to opera, right in the heart of Verona. Our visit will include the town centre, then follow the River Adige and the main walls.
Our guides will tell us about the history, the artworks and the people that lived, worked and built this charming town without overlooking the most famous love story of the world, that of Romeo and Juliet.
The town preserves the structure of the Roman times, as well as many monuments, some of which are still used, as the Arena, Ponte Pietra and the Roman Theatre. Others have lost their original function but are quite the same as 2000 years ago, such as the Arco dei Gavi or Porta Borsari. From the Middle Age period, the San Zeno Abbey and the Duomo (Cathedral) are surely worth a visit as well as the Palazzo Comunale, the Old Market Square and the Lambertis’ Tower. The Scaligeris’ Family was in power after the Middle Age and gave the town wealth and prosperity. From this period we can appreciate the old castle, known as Castelvecchio with its striking bridge (Ponte Scaligero) and the precious monumental family tombs (Arche Scaligere).
The dominance of Venice left its massive walls, which were then reinforced by the Austrians as a wonderful example of military defensive system.
Thanks to the variety and large number of well preserved monuments, thanks to the main walls and to the military works of the Austrian dominance, in year 2000 Verona has been listed as one of the World Heritage Sites of the Unesco.
Verona’s historical city centre; the Arena and all the other monuments from different ages; the river Adige and its bridges.
€ 45 adults
€ 35 teenagers 14 yo, only if accompanied
The price includes
- Guided bike tour leaded by authorised tourist guide
- Personal head-phones to grant excellent audio during the visit
- Tour operator insurance
- Bike rental
The rental package includes: helmet (optional), lock, a rear side bag. The bike is delivered and returned on site.
The price does not include
- Entrance fees to monuments.
- Medical and baggage insurance, available upon request.
- Anything else that is not explicitly specified.
- Book online within 48 hours before the tour.
- Full payment or 20 € account payment. In this second case, the balance is to be paid at the beginning of the tour.
- If the number of participants is below the minimum required, the pre-paid account will be immediately returned.
- The bike tour will take place under any weather condition, except rain.
- People under 18 yo must be accompanied by an adult.
- The medical and baggage insurance can be activated upon request.
- Special prices for groups. To book for a group or to get a personalized quotation please contact us.
- Booking and cancellation terms and conditions here.
How to get there
INFORMATION ABOUT THE TOUR
Duration: 3 hours
When: Upon request
Difficulty: beginners – around 12 km
Participants: minimum 6 adults
Meeting place: Verona, Rigaste San Zeno, near Castelvecchio. Departure at 15:30 p.m.
Spoken languages: Italian and English. Upon request: Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Swedish and more.
Tour description: The tour develops on a limited traffic zone, on cycling paths and on city roads with mainly slow traffic. All roads are paved and flat.