Illasi Valley: Tenuta Massimago
Vines, olive trees and an ancient farmhouse surrounded by cypresses
Easy path among the vineyards of the Val d’Illasi, among pleasant villages and seventeenth century villas. Amarone and organic wines tasting at the Massimago Winery.
Our tour develops among the vineyards of the valleys of Illasi and Mezzane, east of Verona, part of the area where the wines Valpolicella DOC are produced. Here, the rural landscape prevails over the little urbanization; one can still ride a bike in wide cultivated areas, especially vineyards, and encounter just a few farmhouses here and there. We will take you in the most remote and beautiful corners of the area, among astonishing vines and olive trees sceneries.
During the trip we will stop in the pretty village of Illasi, where we will enjoy two 17th century villas: Sagramoso Perez Pompei and Pompei Carlotti. The best part of the tour is the visit to the old farmhouse Massimago, in a very scenic position, surrounded by nature and silence, among olive trees and cypresses the house is part of Massimago organic winery, where we will visit the house, the cellar, the old barrel room and we will taste the wines with a light lunch.
Organic wine tasting and visit to the Tenuta Massimago; Illasi; The landscape of the vineyards in the valleys of Illasi and Mezzane.
€ 115 adults
€ 105 teenagers 14-17 yo, only if accompanied
The price includes
- Guided bike tour with an expert guide
- Verona – Lavagno return transfer by minibus
- Visit to the farmhouse, the vines and Massimago winery
- Tasting of 4 organic wines, including Amarone (soft drink for teenagers)
- Light lunch with salami, and cheese platter, olives and bread
- Tour operator insurance
- Bike rental
The rental package includes: helmet (optional), lock, a rear side bag. The bike is delivered and returned on site.
The price does not include
- Medical and baggage insurance.
- Anything else that is not explicitly specified.
- Book online within 48 hours here before the tour.
- If the number of participants is below the minimum required, the pre-paid account will be immediately returned.
- The bike tour will take place under any weather condition, except rain.
- People under 18 yo must be accompanied by an adult.
- Special prices for groups. To book for a group or to get a personalized quotation please contact us.
How to get there
INFORMATION ABOUT THE TOUR
Duration: 1 whole day
When: upon request
Difficulty: beginners – around 35 km
Participants: minimum 4 adults
Meeting place: Verona, Rigaste San Zeno, near Castelvecchio. Departure at 9 a.m.; return around 4 p.m. A transfer will take us to San Pietro di Lavagno. It is also possible to meet directly in Lavagno, in the suburb Monticelli, at the parking in via Monte Pasubio at 9:30.
Spoken languages: Italian and English. Upon request: Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Swedish and more.
Tour description: The tour by bike, starts and ends in Lavagno. The path is mainly flat with some slight climbs. The trail is on both asphalt and nice dirt roads and develops on cycling paths and secondary roads with low car traffic with just a few stretches on medium traffic roads.
Download Pdf program