From Pordenone to the sea
Through Caorle and Portogruaro to the plain of Pordenone
This flat ring tour goes from the hilly region of Pordenone to the delightful Caorle, by the sea, and follows rivers and channels.
We will start off in Pordenone, nice provincial town with enchanting palaces, enchanting long arcades, the lovely gothic City Hall with eccentric pinnacles and a huge clock.
Behind us there will be the Cavallo Mount and the Cansiglio Forest, in front of us the plain and just a bit further the sea. In our ring trail we will go along the Livenza river direction south, and then along the small Lemene river biking north, which is quiet and transparent. We will discover old mills and shade areas.
Along the tour we visit beautiful small towns with Venetian style, which the winged lions of Venetia keep an eye on: Portobuffolè, Motta di Livenza and Concordia Sagittaria, an old Roman colony, and the magnificent town of Portogruaro.
Caorle, little jewel on the Mediterranean Sea, is our first destination. We walk through the largely pedestrian historical center, visit the nice Romanic cathedral with the characteristic cylindrical bell tower, and reach the cute church of the Madonna dell’Angelo, on the very eastern point of Caorle’s dam, that, like a guardian for the town stands a few meters from the sea.
One of our lunch breaks will give us the time to visit Portogruaro, small city with a medieval structure, many beautiful palaces along the Lemene River and mills and bridges. The city has a maritime soul: all the exchanges with Venice took place through the sea. Portogruaro obtained large independency during Venice time and around 1500 it was the largest city in Friuli. A lot of enchanting marks date back to this time.
Our last stop will be the village Sesto al Reghena where we will visit the Benedictine abbey of Santa Maria in Sylvis: the most interesting walled monastery in Friuli with precious frescos. Our last pleasure to close the tour with is an excellent ice cream in Pordenone.
Sites of interest
Services included in our previous tours
- 2 nights with breakfast in three and four stars hotel *.
- 1 three-course-dinner with typical local recipes, one of which with fish, one drink (1/4 liter wine or 300 cl beer), tap water and bread are included.
- 2 packed lunches, which includes sandwiches, fruit, a dessert, water.
- 3 tour guides, 2 by bike and one with the agency van (2 staff members will guide the tour in case of groups with 10 to 15 participants).
- Visits (see the program).
- Agency van, which follows the whole tour in order to guarantee: the luggage transport service, the picnics for lunch and snacks and the availability and the assistance during the tour.
- Insurance for medical matters and in case of loosing the luggage, and for the risk of tour cancelation.
- Color tour handbook with historical and artistic information and information about the tour itself.
* The hotels’ names are written in the program. Just in case of problems, it could be possible that they would be replaced with others of the same or higher category.
HOW TO BOOK
This trip has already been tested and can be adapted to small or bigger groups. We propose guided tours leaded by our guides who speak english, german, french, spanish and portuguese. We can provide this trip also without leaders as long as the group can follow the tracks using a gps since itineraries develop on broads that are not always easy to find.
(*) On demand we can also provide other services as, for instance, a bus following the group or electric bikes and much more. Big groups are kindly invited to book in advance.
To contact us:
Speaking english – spanish – french
Anna Magrin – email@example.com
Speaking german – portuguese
Elisa Zambelli – firstname.lastname@example.org
INFORMATION ABOUT THE BIKE TOUR
Duration: 3 days, 2 nights, 2 biking days
When: to be defined; trip will take place upon groups reservation, small or big.
Where: Italia > Friuli Venezia-Giulia - Veneto
Tour description: The tour is a short ring trail with two night-stops with start and arrival in Pordenone. The trail follows secondary roads with low car traffic and in small part on bike paths. The road bank is asphalt or we will be pedaling on nice dirt roads. The path is mostly flat with few light climbs.
Visits: Sesto al Reghena Abbey
PROGRAM OF THE BIKE TOUR
Independent travel and arrival at Pordenone.
Pordenone > Caorle
About 73 km - mainly flat path
Caorle > Pordenone
About 70 km - mainly flat path